Shirataki Noodles Stir-Fry: (Serves 2)
- 2 packs Shirataki (Miracle) Noodles (7 oz each)
- 1 small chicken breast
- small piece fresh ginger, about the size of the end of your thumb
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small shallots, sliced thin or 1 small onoin, diced fine
- 1-2 red chillies (adjust according to your heat tolerance), sliced thin
- half red/yellow/orange pepper, sliced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine or sake
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- sliced green onions for garnish and sesame oil to finish
Chicken tenderizing: (15 minutes)
- 1 tsp baking soda
Chicken marinade: (15 minutes)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice cooking wine or sake
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp peanut oil
1. Open Shirataki noodles and rinse well. Let drain and dry while you prep the rest of the ingredients (drier = better for stir-frying).
2. Coat chicken breast in baking soda. Let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse very well. Pat dry.
3. Slice chicken breast into thin, 1-inch strips. Marinade sliced chicken breast with chicken marinade atleast 15 minutes.
4. Prepare and slice all ingredients. Have them ready and within reach. You will be frying 2 batches: the first batch will be the meat. The second batch will be vegetables and noodles.
5. Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tbsp of oil. Heat oil until just the point of seeing it smoke.
6. Add half the shallots and ginger to the oil. Fry until it starts to brown. Add half the chillies and garlic. Fry another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Aromatics should be golden brown.
7. Add the chicken breast followed by the rice wine. Fry until almost fully cooked, just a couple minutes. You may still see some pink., that’s ok, it’ll fully cook when you add it back to the wok later. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl. Set aside.
8. Give your wok a quick wipe with a paper towel to clean it, or if bits are stuck to the bottom deglaze with water or rice wine.
9. Re-heat wok over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil.
10. Repeat step 6 with the remaining aromatics.
11. Add shiitake mushrooms and colored peppers. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
12. Add Shirataki noodles, followed by soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Fry until fragrant, another couple minutes.
13. Add chicken back to the wok and toss well. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked and not pink at all.
14. Garnish with green onions, and drizzle lightly with sesame oil.
15. Serve immediately.
You may also like:
Pages: 1 2