NATURAL HIGH-PROTEIN GRANOLA BARS RECIPE:
(adapted from this recipe HERE)
Yields 16 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa flour or quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup seeds (sunflower, almonds, pumpkin, etc)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, coconut, etc)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of kosher salt
- optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (but hey, it’s chocolate so is that really an option? No.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9×9 inch square baking pan with enough parchment paper so extra hangs off the edges. Lightly oil paper and sides of the pan.
3. In a large bowl mix dry ingredients together: oats, quinoa flour/flakes, seeds, dried fruit, coconut sugar and salt.
4. In a smaller bowl whisk together wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla.
5. Pour the liquids into the oats mixture and combine until ingredients are wet and sticky. If it’s too dry add maple syrup a tiny bit at a time until it starts to clump together.
6. Press mixture firmly into pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until edges are golden brown and the grains smell toasted. Cool, and cut into squares.
You may also like:
Pages: 1 2