OAT MILK RECIPE:
Yield 3 1/2 cups.
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 1/2 cups filtered water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup*
* Another sweet option: blend 1 or 2 pitted medjool dates with the oats instead of adding maple syrup at the end.
Vitamix or any blender
Nutbag, or 100% organic cotton towel.
1. Measure out steel-cut oats into a large bowl.
2. Add enough water to completely submerge the oats (about 1L). Soak for atleast 20 minutes, up to 12 hours.
3. Drain and rinse really, really well.
4. Transfer oats to your blender. Add 3 1/2 cups filtered water. Cover. Blend on high for 10 seconds.
5. Place your fine strainer over a large bowl and pour the blended oat milk into the strainer. Use a spatula to help press the liquid through. Remember to keep your oat pulp for use in baking, cereals or oatmeal. Oat pulp can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer.
6. Place your nutbag or cotton towel into a large bowl. Pour in the strained milk. Squeeze!
7. Mix in vanilla and maple syrup. Feel free to add other sprinklings like cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa, etc.
8. Oat milk will keep in your fridge for up to 5 days. Remember to shake before you pour as it tends to separate.
You may also like:
Pages: 1 2