Kefir Whole Wheat Pancakes:
Makes 8 to 10 – 4 inch pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs separated
1 cup kefir *If you don’t have kefir, you can use buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted butter, cooled but still liquid
1. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl lightly whisk egg yolks. Stir in kefir, vanilla and melted butter.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
4. Place egg whites in electric mixer bowl and beat until soft peaks forms.
5. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
6. Heat a griddle over medium heat. Brush with butter.
7. Drop scoops of batter, whatever size you desire, and wait until bubbles form on the surface before flipping.
8. Cook until both sides are golden.
9. Top with fresh berries, or if you are like my children, drown in maple syrup.
You may also like:
Pages: 1 2